Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A Fresh Start

I finally decided that lethargy had ruled long enough. It's true, I knew my friend and coach was going to ask me what my plan was, BUT I finally got moving again.
Monday I decided that I needed a new goal and a new approach. Something in my personality is always looking for something new. So I measured out a new track - 3k, and headed out with no goal except to finish. I did.
Monday - 3k - 21 min 13 sec

Tuesday, I arrived home late and did not have 20 before supper so decided to re-run my 2k track. Again a new goal. I started off at a faster pace than I had been used to running, and sure enough regretted it about half way... but somewhere I found the mental stubborness to continue and ran what may be my best time yet.
Tuesday - 2k - 12 min 50 sec.

What does all of this tell me about my spiritual life?
  1. I need to know someone is at my back, asking the hard questions. Pushing, but with a measure of grace (a large measure).
  2. I need to change what is becoming routine. I need new learning, new application, new challenges... stretching.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Glenn Gibson said...

Both spiritual and physical fitness usually happen as a result of intention being translated into action by means an structured exercise program. Make appointments with your Bible and your running shoes, brother! You and others around you will be noticing the difference before long. All the best in both types of races!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home