Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Training Results


Tuesday, November 7th
Scheduled training - 5k in target of less than 36 minutes.
Got home a little tired, and had to fight to get myself ready to run. I opted for the treadmill instead of running outside. I did NOT make my target time. It took me 36.20. When I started running a year ago, I found it so much easier to run on the treadmill than to run outside. These days, I always seem to be better outside.
Yesterday I discovered that the path we run on December 2nd on the top of Mount Royal starts with a descent from the Lookout. Guess how it ends? With a climb!.... Hmmm. I may need to revise my goal upward.... but then there is reason to keep training, right! I'm not there yet, and still have time to get this aging body ready.
I'm still looking for other runners to compete on December 2nd, or to join me for my training runs in Brossard.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Glenn Gibson said...

Within 20 seconds of your target time is good! Don't be daunted by the race course, the adrenalin of race day will take care of the hill at the end. GG

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K., I won't run THIS race (the 'natural' one!)... but I'll sponsor it!
Here's my support:
-For each training session on target + - 30 sec. or less, you'll get 3 bucks;
-As for the race itself, I'll calculate the number of training sessions (since beginning of November) and multiply it by 3 and add it on top of the previous amount (of course you have to arrive at the finish line!).
-Note to future runners of the Winds family: THAT SPONSORSHIP ALSO APPLIES TO YOU... (including me while training on MY treadmill, which I haven't started yet...).

Go for it, Major Dave!
Be blessed as you train for God's glory!
Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home